Couples Massage Class
Learning to massage your loved one can provide many benefits:
- Bonding and intimacy
- Quiet time together
- Promotes relaxation of body, mind, and spirit
- Lessens anxiety and depression
- Reduces muscular pain and tension
- Increases circulation
- Tones the skin
- Relieves migraines and tension headaches
- Enhances immunity
- Stretches and tones muscle
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility
- Promotes tissue regeneration
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping
- Releases endorphins
- Relieves stress
- Promotes and restores healthy digestive function
- Reduces insomnia
- Improves PMS symptoms
- Increases overall sense of well-being
Included in our Couple’s Massage Class:
- 2 hours individualized instruction
- Learn how to give and receive a relaxing massage
- Learn massage basics
- Help your partner reset
Are you looking for an exciting date night idea or a unique way to celebrate your love?
If so, consider the gift of our Couple’s Massage Class at Zama!
During this 2 hour class, you will receive individualized instruction that will teach you how to give, and receive, a relaxing massage.
You will learn basic massage techniques that include:
- Effleurage, or long, slow gliding strokes, known for promoting relaxation
- Petrissage, or kneading strokes, that work out muscle tension
- Cross fiber friction, or small concentrated strokes that focus on problem areas and help to decrease adhesions (or knots) in the muscle tissue
- You will also learn ways to use rocking, jostling, vibration, tapotement, and compression to help your partner hit the “reset button” at the end of a long day!
This time together will help to strengthen and deepen your intimate connection, and give you new ways to communicate as a couple.
Benefits of massage include stress reduction, improved mood, relief of muscular pain and tension, and a heightened sense of overall body awareness. Becoming present with yourself and your partner during the Couple’s Massage Class is a gift that will last a lifetime.