Benefits of Salt Therapy
- Reduces inflammation of the airways and skin
- Clears out allergens and pollutants from the lungs
- Increases immunity by stimulating the body’s natural defense system
- Moisturizes the skin by drawing moisture from the air into the pores
- Reduces harmful bacteria through the salt’s natural antimicrobial properties
- Reduces congestion in the sinuses and lungs
- Thins mucus and helps you cough it out easier
- Reduces stress by rebalancing the cells with negative ions
Recommendations For Use
- Respiratory Allergies like Hay Fever
- Bronchial Asthma
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Coughs, colds, and flu
- Ear infection
- Sore throat
- Chronic stress and fatigue
Treatment should be avoided during the acute stage of the following:
- Infections accompanied by fever
- Active tuberculosis
- Cardiac insufficiency
- COPD in stage 3 of lung insufficiency
- Coughing up blood
- Alcohol or drug intoxication
- Severe (stage llB) hypertension
- Acute stage of lung disease
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All products and services, including written information, brochures and flyers, as well as information provided by telephone verbally or by any other means of communication are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Zama recommends that all medical conditions be treated by a physician who is competent in treating that particular condition. We take no responsibility for customers choosing to treat themselves.
Zama Massage Therapeutic Spa introduces the only Salt Therapy in Portland, Oregon.
The use of salt therapy dates back to ancient Egypt and is currently used all over Europe, Canada and growing in the U.S. Salt has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that provide healing benefits to the whole body – specifically the immune and respiratory systems. Salt therapy can help you breathe easier and live better from the inside out.
Halotherapy is beneficial to those that suffer from asthma, allergies, bronchitis, as well as skin conditions like sproiasis, eczema, and acne.
It is also recommeded for healthy people as it boosts the immune system to help combat the high amounts of pollutants, dust, and bacteria we all breathe everyday. In 1843, a Polish physician first wrote about the benefit of salt mines. He noted that salt miners had much lower rates of lung disease compared to the rest of the population. He attributed the cause of the salt miners’ good health to the salt cave air that was saturated with saline dust. Clinical studies have shown that patients have been able to reduce their us of medications, rate of hospitial visits and frequency of asthma and allergy attacks through the use of salt therapy.
The Halo Enhancement is provided in one of our beautiful salt rooms.
If you are receiving your massage in one of these rooms, you may choose to add salt therapy to your massage experience. The therapeutic inhalation of salt is made possible with the use of our state of the art halo-generator, which produces micro-sized salt particles. As you inhale the salt, it moves deeply into your lungs, decreasing inflammation in the airways and helping your body to fight infection. The walls and ceiling are lined with Himalayan salt bricks and panels backlit by hundreds of LED lights, this creates a negative ion environment that decreases stress, promotes relaxation and increases an overall sense of well-being.