Prenatal Signature Massage
What’s good for Mom is good for Baby! This service provides a variety of benefits:
- Promotes an overall sense of well-being
- Alleviates stress
- Relieves anxiety and depression
- Helps to balance hormones
- Increases blood flow and Oxygen to both Mom and Baby
- Relieves muscular discomforts
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Relieves gas and bloating
- Reduces edema, especially in the feet and lower legs
- Relieves muscle cramps and spasms
- Soothes tired, aching feet
- Soothes dry and itchy skin
- Relieves pregnancy headaches
- Reduces congestion
- Helps to stabilize loosening joints
- Boosts energy
- Reduces insomnia
- Relieves shortness of breath caused by shutting organs/growing baby
- Improves circulation
- Reduces varicose veins
- Keeps blood pressure in check
- Prepares the body for an easier delivery
- Provides a natural, safe alternative to medications to address common complaints of pregnancy
Included in our Prenatal Signature Massage:
- Multi-modality bodywork technique specific to your pregnancy
The Zama Massage team offers safe and effective bodywork skills.
Our Prenatal Signature Massage will help enhance your enjoyment of pregnancy. We use variety of practical techniques specific to pregnancy are used which may include: acupressure, Swedish, myofascial release, muscle-energy techniques.
For expecting mothers that want deep tissue work, our therapists have been trained extensively on where to use deep tissue and where not to. Touch is the most important tool to help alleviate stress associated with pregnancy such as relief of muscular strain, low back pain, headaches, neck pain, shoulder pain, foot discomfort and sciatica. These are the most common ailments related to pregnancy that are relieved with the Prenatal Signature Massage.
Your comfort is very important to us at Zama Massage Therapeutic Spa.
From week 1 through week 13 you have the option to use our luxurious prenatal cushion; this means you can safety lay on your back and tummy. From 13 weeks through the end of your pregnancy our therapist will perform the massage side-lying and semi-reclining positioning.
From weeks 1 through 42 we look forward to providing a natural, safe alternative to medications to address common complaints of pregnancy.