Sports Massage provides great benefits to those who work and play hard:
- Alleviate pain and improve range of motion
- Help athletes of any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts
- Release muscle knots
- Increase joint flexibility
- Improve circulation
- Relax and soften tired, overworked muscles
- Speed healing of injuries
- Relieve migraines and tension headaches
- Enhance immunity
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Release endorphins
- Relieve stress
- Reduce insomnia
- Relieve nerve pain
- Provide much needed rest and relaxation for your hardworking body, mind, and spirit
Included in Sports Massage:
- Targeted & specific to the athlete
- Combination of Swedish massage, myofascial technique, & deep tissue
- Flush toxins, increase blood flow, & decrease muscle soreness
Sports massage targets specific areas of the body that athletes need the most. You will feel relaxed and rejuvenated as your body receives exactly what it needs to recover from those hard workouts.
Embrace the benefits of massage therapy.
Portland is a popular destination for weekend warriors and athletes, but not enough of them are embracing the benefits that massage therapy provide. Sports Massage is designed to awaken antagonistic muscles, relax fatigued muscles, and increase overall blood flow to all of the major muscles in your body. We achieve these results with Swedish massage techniques, myofascial techniques, and deep tissue massage that will target lengthening muscles and shortening muscles and increase joint mobilization.
Our goal for any sports Massage is to help you recover faster from your extensive training regime or athletic event. Demanding workouts are hard on the body, and most of us suffer from “delayed onset muscle soreness,” which is extensive muscle soreness after working out – typically experienced a day or two later. In order to heal properly, the body requires increased blood flow to the muscles, which jump starts tissue repair and aids in building new muscle tissue.
For optimal healing post-workout, you need:
- adequate water
- a proper nutrition plan
- massage on a regular basis
- an adequate stretching and training regime
For an even more therapeutic pre/post-event massage, you can try Thai Massage, which provides deep passive stretching and long lasting relief. Thai Massage can actually increase your performance – try it no earlier than 48 hours prior to the sporting event, and right up to the moment of competition.
Increase your performance.
Post-sports massage is the vigorous milking of muscle tissue after competition in order to flush the body of toxins, increase blood flow, and decrease muscle soreness. This is especially useful immediately following, and up to 48 hours after, the sporting event. Receiving a sports massage after the big race will greatly improve your recovery time – no more limping around for the next week! We will do our best to adjust pressure to minimize any areas that might be overly sensitive.
In addition to massage, we advocate home care routines that use a foam roller and a trigger point ball. Check out our blog on Why You Should Be Foam Rolling! Here is a great article from “Pacific College” addressing the benefits of sports massage and delayed onset muscle soreness.