Call To Book!
Thai Massage provides many unique benefits, and is an effective way to:
- Experience deep release of body, mind, and spirit
- Actively engage with healing your own body
- Increase flexibility of muscles and joints
- Alleviate pain and improve range of motion
- Gently restore the body’s natural balance after illness or injury
- Relieve migraines and tension headaches
- Enhance immunity
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts.
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins
- Relieve stress
- Relieve PMS
- Relieve digestive disorders
- Relieve Fibromyalgia symptoms
- Reduce insomnia related to stress
- Relieve Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Relieve temporomandibular joint pain
- Recalibrate after an athletic event or strenuous workout- or anytime!
Thai Massage Includes:
- Deep compression combined with yoga-like postures
- Acupressure to promote energy flow
- Rhythmic and meditative experience
- Deep, slow, stretching; perfect for athletes
- Use of breath to increase mind and body balance and relaxation
Thai Massage is an ancient form of massage originated in the temples and monasteries of Thailand.
It combines asanas, yoga’s rhythmic movements, with acupressure to promote energy flow, increased flexibility, and deep muscle relaxation.
At Zama, we have found Thai Massage greatly benefits individuals who are simply needing to relax and unwind.
It is very rhythmic and meditative for the receiver, creating an ideal opportunity for letting go. We have also found it to be a great pre-sports massage. The deep, slow, stretching is an ideal way to loosen up the joints and muscles for the big event. Please note, it is best to receive Thai massage no earlier then 48 hours before the planned athletic activity.
Most modern Thai Massage practitioners focus on the concept that the body is filled with air.
After being inhaled through the lungs, air travels throughout the body’s energy lines. The Thai belief of energy lines is based on the principle that all energy begins at the navel and spreads throughout the body, exiting through the orifices. The deep compression and yoga-like postures of Thai Massage help to push the air out of the body, balancing the energy lines and relaxing the mind and body.
Curious about what Thai massage looks like?
Check out this video showing traditional Thai Massage mirroring what is practiced here at Zama Massage Therapeutic Spa in Portland, Oregon.
Thai massage is performed with the client on a mat on the floor. Please dress in loose, comfortable clothing.
Book your Thai Massage today!
Call To Book!