Detox feels good. And, it can be quite easy. Wipe away your ideas around deprivation, starvation, and misery. The health and wellness field has come a long way. Here are some of our favorite everyday detox activities.
Keep in mind that our bodies detox daily, on their own. When we add in specific foods, exercises, and self-care techniques we speed up and increase our body ‘s own natural process.
If you are generally healthy already, your body is likely efficiently detoxing daily. Health concerns such as chronic pain, belly bloat and extra weight, headaches, poor digestion, skin issues, foggy brain, and low energy, can all be improved by increasing the following practices:
- Water. Drink at least one half an ounce of water per pound of body weight. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you need to drink at least 75 ounces everyday. If you are struggling with wellness, then drink more. Hydration will flush toxins, support your joints and skin, and help your whole body function better. Weight loss is a common side benefit of being hydrated.
- Sweat. Every day. Cardio exercise will naturally help your body rid itself of excess toxins. Saunas are excellent for detox.
- Salt. Take a bath with 2 cups Epsom salts and 1 cup baking soda. Epsom salts will give your body a shot of detoxifying magnesium and help pull harmful toxins from the body. Adding essential oils, such as lavender and eucalyptus, will give added relaxing and immunity building properties. For an even more serene and powerful salt healing and detox experience, come receive a treatment in our Salt Caves and receive the extensive benefits of halotherapy.
- Whole foods. Removing processed foods from your diet is detoxifying in itself. It is common that when we simply remove grains, dairy, sugar, and soy from our diet that our body rapidly detoxifies. It is not necessary to juice fast or drink only lemon water to get the benefits of a nutritional detox. Add in lots of leafy greens, fruits, vegetables, teas, and broths into your diet and experience a delicious and natural detox.
- Skin. Removing dead skin is highly beneficial for our body. For everyday detox, take up dry skin brushing. This simple and inexpensive technique will improve your circulation and help remove toxins stored in fat, which will help break up cellulite. We all love that! Our favorite beauty detox is the Hydrafacial, which deeply supports the removal of toxins while replenishing vital nutrients including Antioxidants, Peptides and Hylauronic Acid.
- Lymphatic system. Our lymphatic system is our body’s own natural toxic removal system. All the tips listed above help support lymphatic drainage. Nutritionally, unsweetened cranberry juice is helpful, as is red foods such as cherries, beets, and pomegranates. Cupping and any kind of deep tissue massage are very beneficial, as well.
- Emotions. Releasing emotions through laughter, tears, conversation, breath, meditation, journaling, and physical activity is detoxifying. Often when our body releases more toxins than normal, many emotions come to the surface. We encourage our detoxing clients to slow down and take care of their emotions so that deep and lasting rejuvenation is supported.
- Probiotics. Cultured foods and supplements help our digestive tract to work more efficiently. Proper elimination and digestion are crucial to our mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Good bacteria in our gut increases the efficiency of everyday detox.