Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy can:
- Provide even deeper release than traditional Deep Tissue Massage
- Relieve muscle spasms and cramping
- Provide relief from nerve pain and sciatica
- Relieve migraines and tension headaches
- Enhance immunity
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts
- Increase joint flexibility
- Improve circulation
- Reduce post-surgical adhesions
- Deeply relax muscle knots
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Relieve digestive disorders
- Reduce insomnia
Included in Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy:
- Performed with the therapist’s feet.
- Provides deep and broad pressure that cannot be achieved with hands.
- Perfect massage to assist in athletic recovery and for those who love deep pressure massage.
- 60, 90 and 120-minute sessions available.
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy, AKA Ashiatsu, is relatively new to the West.
First, let’s take a look at the history of this amazing technique. Ashiatsu emerged from Asia. This ancient technique dates all the way back to the 12th century. In 1997 it came tot he West through the works of Ruthie Hardee.
At Zama, our Ashiatsu massage combines Swedish massage techniques with long, flowing, deep effleurage and deep compression strokes.
Additionally, you get the benefits of a very deep tissue massage without the discomfort often associated with trigger point therapy. While effective, deep strokes from elbows and hands can hurt due to all the pressure that is focused on a small area. With Ashiatsu, your therapist uses their core strength while they adjust their weighted pressure using the bars to apply wonderfully deep, broad strokes. Resultingly, you will experience much less pain and even more deep tissue penetration.
Your therapist will use overhead bars, which provide support and balance.
You’ll be amazed at the precision and effectiveness of your treatment! Your therapist has been trained to fine-tune their use of pressure while using their strength and gravity. You’ll get perfect pressure that targets all your spots that need attention and release. Using leg and core strength along with gravity, allows the therapist to provide a deep/broad pressure that cannot be achieved using the hands.
Ashiatsu takes deep tissue to the next level!
Athletes love Ashiatsu massage! This deep penetrating therapy is excellent for athletes of all levels. With the deep/broad pressure Ashiatsu moves a lot of blood to muscle tissues. As a result, your muscles recover from those long, hard workouts much more quickly. The increased blood flow to the muscle tissues provides relief to sensitive muscles. In addition to the excellent recovery, Ashiatsu helps to prevent injury and can also help improve performance goals.
Ashiatsu massage provides the ideal experience for those who just can’t seem to find a therapist that provides deep enough pressure.
Also, keep in mind that your therapist will broad foot strokes that are much more comfortable than manual deep tissue massage. The combination of even pressure and long strokes provides excellent spinal traction. Exciting news! Many clients report improved posture and even an added inch to their height with regular Ashiatsu massage!
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy is a truly unique style of massage.
Visit us at Zama for the deepest, most luxurious massage in Portland, Oregon.
Book your Ashiatsu massage HERE online 24-7! Or, give us a call at 503.281.0278